Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gary

Default How do i rotate a pdf after inserting it into a Word document?

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do i rotate a pdf after inserting it into a Word document?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can rotate a PDF after inserting it into a Word document:
  1. First, insert the PDF into your Word document by clicking on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen, then selecting "Object" from the "Text" group, and then choosing "Adobe Acrobat Document" from the list of object types.
  2. Once the PDF is inserted, click on it to select it. You should see a "PDF" tab appear in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "PDF" tab, and then click on the "Open PDF" button. This will open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
  4. In Adobe Acrobat Reader, click on the "View" menu, and then select "Rotate View" from the dropdown menu.
  5. Choose the direction you want to rotate the PDF by clicking on either "Clockwise" or "Counterclockwise".
  6. Once you've rotated the PDF, save the changes by clicking on the "Save" button in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
  7. Return to your Word document, and you should see that the PDF has been rotated to the correct orientation.

That's it! I hope this helps you rotate your PDF in Word.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm

Ulli Ulli is offline
Junior Member

Talking

I found a way to do this so that the green rotation button can be activated:

After pasting the pdf into your document:

• left-click on it, then
• right-click on it
• choose 'show picture tool bar'
• click on 'format picture'
• select the 'Layout' menu tab
• click on whichever you wish to chose, for example 'tight'
• click ok, this brings you back to the picture tool bar
• Now click on the icon with the green lower right hand corner and the pen in it (it is the 'remove scratch' tool)
• The cursor turns into a paint brush like in photoshop
• Now go into a white area on your pdf object (so you effectively make no change to the image or document), left-click and draw a tiny line with the paint brush can be just 2mm long
• When you have stopped drawing ms word updates the image and a bar appears that shows you the progress of that update
• Now yo can use the green rotation button (also available in the drawing menu bar)

It sounds longwinded, but it's really quick actually.