Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
funkymoose funkymoose is offline

Default Images slow to load in Word 2003

Hi,

My images are slow to load and scroll down the page in Word from office
2003. This is purely on one computer. If the user logs onto another machine
on the network then it is fine.

I have a feeling that it may be to do with Adobe Acrobat 6 standard. When i
uninstall this it wotks fine. The thing is, on another machine with acrobat
installed, word performs fine again.

Any clues?

Thanks all.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Hi;

Check the system configuration to see whether it meets the Hardware and
software specification . Otherwise defrag the system to optimize the disk
space. I suppose the memory is not sufficeint enought to render the image in
the document. Add addition memory for increasing the buffer size.

Challa Prabhu

"funkymoose" wrote:

Hi,

My images are slow to load and scroll down the page in Word from office
2003. This is purely on one computer. If the user logs onto another machine
on the network then it is fine.

I have a feeling that it may be to do with Adobe Acrobat 6 standard. When i
uninstall this it wotks fine. The thing is, on another machine with acrobat
installed, word performs fine again.

Any clues?

Thanks all.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
funkymoose funkymoose is offline

Hi,

thanks for replying. Sadly, i already defragged and the machine is a dell
gc270 with 512mb of ram. If thats not enough then i would be truly amazed;-)

Thanks,

Marc

"funkymoose" wrote:

Hi,

My images are slow to load and scroll down the page in Word from office
2003. This is purely on one computer. If the user logs onto another machine
on the network then it is fine.

I have a feeling that it may be to do with Adobe Acrobat 6 standard. When i
uninstall this it wotks fine. The thing is, on another machine with acrobat
installed, word performs fine again.

Any clues?

Thanks all.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron Barker Ron Barker is offline

Hi

This may not be of any use but have you had a look at page manager it may be
set to work with 128MB or 256MB rather than 512MB.

"funkymoose" wrote:

Hi,

My images are slow to load and scroll down the page in Word from office
2003. This is purely on one computer. If the user logs onto another machine
on the network then it is fine.

I have a feeling that it may be to do with Adobe Acrobat 6 standard. When i
uninstall this it wotks fine. The thing is, on another machine with acrobat
installed, word performs fine again.

Any clues?

Thanks all.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
funkymoose funkymoose is offline

Thanks again, do you mean the page file size? If so then it is set to 756mb
for all drives.
All the other machines in the company are the same spec and have no
problems. Its very weird. The images in the word documents aren't even big
jpgs, just flow charts.

"funkymoose" wrote:

Hi,

My images are slow to load and scroll down the page in Word from office
2003. This is purely on one computer. If the user logs onto another machine
on the network then it is fine.

I have a feeling that it may be to do with Adobe Acrobat 6 standard. When i
uninstall this it wotks fine. The thing is, on another machine with acrobat
installed, word performs fine again.

Any clues?

Thanks all.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
funkymoose funkymoose is offline

Also, i have to say again that it is the only machine with adobe acrobat
standard (creator). If i uninstall that then it works fine.

"funkymoose" wrote:

Hi,

My images are slow to load and scroll down the page in Word from office
2003. This is purely on one computer. If the user logs onto another machine
on the network then it is fine.

I have a feeling that it may be to do with Adobe Acrobat 6 standard. When i
uninstall this it wotks fine. The thing is, on another machine with acrobat
installed, word performs fine again.

Any clues?

Thanks all.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
funkymoose funkymoose is offline

Wahaaay, managed to sort it now. I have turned the hardware acceleration down
to just below half way and everything is great.

Oh well, you live and learn;-)