Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jldube

Default Search and replace

I'm using Word 2003, and recently had a problem with a document prepared by
someone else: the originator, instead of formatting the document for double
spacing, manually placed two hard returns at the end of each line.
Subsequently, I had to add some text to the document, and I did not put
manual returns, as I was not aware of what the originator had done. So, I
had some lines that had two hard returns at the end of the line, and some
that had automatic returns (single-spaced). What I wanted to do was search
for the two hard returns, and replace them with nothing, and then I was going
to select the whole document, and use a macro I've created for double
spacing.

However, I was not able to find the character in the search dialog box for
the manual hard return. Does it exist? I ultimately fixed the document line
by line, but would like to know what to do if this situation occurs again.

Thank you for your time.

Jeannine Dube