Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pennmatthews pennmatthews is offline

Default Problem with references and bibliography.

I have used the references before and saved sources and used the inline
citations. I went to write another report and Word keep saying that I have
an "invalid source specified". It even says that with previous sources that
have worked before. I need to get this fixed quickly. It says this message
with any of the writing styles chosen.

Anybody with and idea would be great.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 28 okt, 23:44, pennmatthews
wrote:
I have used the references before and saved sources and used the inline
citations. *I went to write another report and Word keep saying that I have
an "invalid source specified". *It even says that with previous sources that
have worked before. I need to get this fixed quickly. It says this message
with any of the writing styles chosen.

Anybody with and idea would be great.

"invalid source specified" is shown when the formatting process has no
output for some reason (something went wrong during the formatting,
the formatting routine didn't get any data to start with, ...).

Are you sure your citations are still in your Word document? I mean,
if you go to "Manage Sources" on the reference tab, are there entries
in the 'current list'? That is the list on your right. If not, you
might want to try to import the sources again from your master list.

Yves
--
http://www.codeplex.com/bibliography
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pennmatthews pennmatthews is offline

Yes my sources show up in the right hand column. This error happens even if I
insert a citation and provide new iformation. If I select an old source and
copy it to the left side the preview window on the bottom show this same
message. I think there is a bug in the program. I even tried to find a
refresh button like f5 to see if it would give it a little kick. I am at a
loss on what to do. I even just bought the office ultimate bundle and hoped
when it installed that it would overide my student edition. I still have the
same issue. But know I have customer service because of the purchase and I am
going to call them. I will post if I receive a fix.

"p0" wrote:

On 28 okt, 23:44, pennmatthews
wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 4 nov, 04:12, pennmatthews
wrote:
Yes my sources show up in the right hand column. This error happens even if I
insert a citation and provide new iformation. If I select an old source and
copy it to the left side the preview window on the bottom show this same
message. I think there is a bug in the program. I even tried to find a
refresh button like f5 to see if it would give it a little kick. I am at a
loss on what to do. I even just bought the office ultimate bundle and hoped
when it installed that it would overide my student edition. I still have the
same issue. But know I have customer service because of the purchase and I am
going to call them. I will post if I receive a fix.

"p0" wrote:
On 28 okt, 23:44, pennmatthews
wrote:
[...]

Do you get this result for all bibliographic styles? Or just for one?
If it is in just one, then somehow, the XSL for that specific style is
corrupted.

Yves
--
http://www.codeplex.com/bibliography
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pennmatthews pennmatthews is offline

It happens no matter what style I choose. I think I remember this all
starting when I selected Turibian to see what it looked like, after that none
of them work.

"p0" wrote:

On 4 nov, 04:12, pennmatthews
wrote:
Yes my sources show up in the right hand column. This error happens even if I
insert a citation and provide new iformation. If I select an old source and
copy it to the left side the preview window on the bottom show this same
message. I think there is a bug in the program. I even tried to find a
refresh button like f5 to see if it would give it a little kick. I am at a
loss on what to do. I even just bought the office ultimate bundle and hoped
when it installed that it would overide my student edition. I still have the
same issue. But know I have customer service because of the purchase and I am
going to call them. I will post if I receive a fix.

"p0" wrote:
On 28 okt, 23:44, pennmatthews
wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wally-one Wally-one is offline

"pennmatthews" wrote:

It happens no matter what style I choose. I think I remember this all
starting when I selected Turibian to see what it looked like, after that none
of them work.

"p0" wrote:

On 4 nov, 04:12, pennmatthews
wrote:
Yes my sources show up in the right hand column. This error happens even if I
insert a citation and provide new iformation. If I select an old source and
copy it to the left side the preview window on the bottom show this same
message. I think there is a bug in the program. I even tried to find a
refresh button like f5 to see if it would give it a little kick. I am at a
loss on what to do. I even just bought the office ultimate bundle and hoped
when it installed that it would overide my student edition. I still have the
same issue. But know I have customer service because of the purchase and I am
going to call them. I will post if I receive a fix.