Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jennifer

Default MSO1033 and normal.dot files.

I am currently using Word as a medical transcriptionist and will be switching
to a new company in February. I would like to print out my MSO1033 and
normal.dot files (autotext and autocorrect files) if possible because I am
not sure that the new program I will be using is word and I may have to
reenter them into a new system instead of just transferring the files. I
really don't want to lose all of these files! Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jennifer

Thank you for your reply. I already have the files backed up and know how to
locate them. My problem is that the word processing system I will be
converting to is a proprietary system and is not word so I can't just copy
the files over to it. I wanted to be able to print out the file so I could
retype it if necessary. I can open the mso1033.acl file with word but it is
just code.

Thanks!

Jennifer wrote:
I am currently using Word as a medical transcriptionist and will be switching
to a new company in February. I would like to print out my MSO1033 and
normal.dot files (autotext and autocorrect files) if possible because I am
not sure that the new program I will be using is word and I may have to
reenter them into a new system instead of just transferring the files. I
really don't want to lose all of these files! Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The macro provided in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm creates a text
file. You can also print a list of AutoText entries from the Print dialog.

Jennifer wrote:
I am currently using Word as a medical transcriptionist and will be

switching
to a new company in February. I would like to print out my MSO1033

and
normal.dot files (autotext and autocorrect files) if possible because

I am
not sure that the new program I will be using is word and I may have

reenter them into a new system instead of just transferring the files.

really don't want to lose all of these files! Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

If you click on the link I gave you, you will see a link to an
article entitled "How can I import and export all my AutoCorrect
entries, so they can be transferred to another machine?". Click
on the link to the second article, and you will see a download
link for AutoCorrect.zip. The .zip file contains a Word template
named AutoCorrect.dot. AutoCorrect.dot contains a macro that
copies the AutoCorrect entries from your mso1033.acl file to a
Word .doc file that you can view and print like any other Word
file. Complete instructions are included in the AutoCorrect.dot
template, if you could take a moment to read them.

To print the AutoText entries stored in Normal.dot, click on File