Renton

Default How to delete text line below table in header

(MS Word 2003, SP1)

Starting from a blank document, I go to the header view and insert a table.
After doing so, a lign of text remains below the inserted table in the
header. I am then unable to delete this line either with backspace or the
cut command (after selecting it) or anything else (and I know my way around
Word... usually).

This empty lign of text screws up my page layout. How can I get rid of this
line ?

Thanks,

Renton
Stefan Blom

In Word, a table must always be followed by a paragraph mark. If the
paragraph mark causes Word to insert an extra page (because it doesn't fit on
the same page as that of the table), you can use one of the following
workarounds: Select the paragraph mark and format it as either hidden or 1 pt.

--
Stefan Blom

"Renton" wrote:

(MS Word 2003, SP1)

Starting from a blank document, I go to the header view and insert a table.
After doing so, a lign of text remains below the inserted table in the
header. I am then unable to delete this line either with backspace or the
cut command (after selecting it) or anything else (and I know my way around
Word... usually).

This empty lign of text screws up my page layout. How can I get rid of this
line ?

Thanks,

Renton

Renton

Thanks for the rapid answer Stefan.

The issue with the additional line is not that it creates a blank page.

I want for the table in the header (actually only one row) to appear as if
it is part of a table contained in the page body. Therefore the empty line
creates a gap between two rows where I can't extend any vertical lines.

I know you can repeat the first row of a table on each page but that's not
what I'm trying to do. There's only one page in my document that I want to
set-up like this. The remaining pages contain only text but the header of
all pages has to contain the same table.

Hope I'm clear about this... it's not simple to summarize !

Renton

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

In Word, a table must always be followed by a paragraph mark. If the
paragraph mark causes Word to insert an extra page (because it doesn't fit on
the same page as that of the table), you can use one of the following
workarounds: Select the paragraph mark and format it as either hidden or 1 pt.

--
Stefan Blom

Greg

Renton,

This should get you visually very close.

Format the paragraph after the table in the header as 1pt size and
hidden text.

Remove the top border from the table in the main text.

Use FormatPage SetupMarginsFrom EdgeHeader to drive the header text
down.

It prints looking like a single table.

You might have to isolate this page from the rest of your pages with a
section breaks.

Renton

I already had the borders set-up this way but thanks. It works very well
using the "hide" checkbox in the font properties of the text line as you guys
have mentionned. That's a feature that I didn't know existed !

Thanks again !!!