Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Gob The Gob is offline

Default why are my keyboard letters typing different symbols

6 of my alphabet are either typing numbers or symbols ?anyone know why or can
help ???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Ballou Paul Ballou is offline

Are you using a laptop?

--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office

"The Gob" The wrote in message
6 of my alphabet are either typing numbers or symbols ?anyone know why or
can
help ???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Or is your keyboard language configuration the correct one for the keyboard
you are actually using?

Paul Ballou wrote:
Are you using a laptop?

"The Gob" The wrote in message
6 of my alphabet are either typing numbers or symbols ?anyone know
why or can
help ???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Gob[_2_] The Gob[_2_] is offline

Yes I am, iwas using the laptop only 1/2 hour before & it was working
perfectly i hadnt changed any configurations

"Paul Ballou" wrote:

Are you using a laptop?

--

"The Gob" The wrote in message
6 of my alphabet are either typing numbers or symbols ?anyone know why or
can
help ???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It sounds like you've accidentally engaged the numlock & activated the
numeric keypad. Exactly where it is depends somewhat on the laptop you have,
but once you locate it just press it to disengage the numlock. You should
also see an LED on the keyboard console above the keyboard that lights up
when the numlock is on.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/11/07 6:48 PM, in article
, "The Gob"
wrote:

Yes I am, iwas using the laptop only 1/2 hour before & it was working
perfectly i hadnt changed any configurations

"Paul Ballou" wrote:

Are you using a laptop?

--

"The Gob" The wrote in message
6 of my alphabet are either typing numbers or symbols ?anyone know why or
can
help ???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Gob[_2_] The Gob[_2_] is offline

Hi
The caps lock is not on the only letters affected are ijklmopu, whereby they
either type numbers or symbols??? which i find bizarre, i have to use our
main computor to type this

wrote:

Yes I am, iwas using the laptop only 1/2 hour before & it was working
perfectly i hadnt changed any configurations

"Paul Ballou" wrote:

Are you using a laptop?

--

"The Gob" The wrote in message
6 of my alphabet are either typing numbers or symbols ?anyone know why or
can
help ???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Gob[_2_] The Gob[_2_] is offline

Hi Cybertaz, never knew about numbers lock this has now resolved problem
thanks very much, thanks to others who also helped

wrote:

Yes I am, iwas using the laptop only 1/2 hour before & it was working
perfectly i hadnt changed any configurations

"Paul Ballou" wrote:

Are you using a laptop?

--

"The Gob" The wrote in message
6 of my alphabet are either typing numbers or symbols ?anyone know why or
can
help ???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Not the Caps lock! The Numlock! The keys you quote are those commonly used
as the numeric keypad keys on laptops that don't have an extended keyboard
ie most of them! Press the Fn key and the Numlock key to turn it off (both
are usually overprinted on shared keys.

wrote:

Yes I am, iwas using the laptop only 1/2 hour before & it was
working perfectly i hadnt changed any configurations

"Paul Ballou" wrote:

Are you using a laptop?