Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Daniel Daniel is offline

Default turning horisontal tabel to Vertical

Is it possible to turn a horisontal table to vertical? I want to keep the
formatting. Changing the text direction wont do it - neither will the page
setup.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Daniel Daniel is offline

Well just to be clear, need to turn the whole table 90 degrees.
I tried transpose in excel but that procedure does not solve my problem, it
reverse the setup of the cells compared to the original table.

"Daniel" skrev:

Is it possible to turn a horisontal table to vertical? I want to keep the
formatting. Changing the text direction wont do it - neither will the page
setup.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If the table occupies the whole page, or can be on a page by itself, insert
a section break before and after the table and change the page orientation
to landscape for the section in which the table is located.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Daniel" skrev:

Is it possible to turn a horisontal table to vertical? I want to keep the
formatting. Changing the text direction wont do it - neither will the
page
setup.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Daniel Daniel is offline

sorry but that wont do the trick.

I need to rotate the table and still be able to write horisontally above the
table, which is vertical.

Let me put it another way.
I could make a screen print and save it as a picture and then turn the
picture 90 degrees and paste it. Thats how is should look, and still have the
option to write something above.
This would do the trick if it wasnt because there is quality loos in using
this procedure.

"Daniel" skrev:

Is it possible to turn a horisontal table to vertical? I want to keep the
formatting. Changing the text direction wont do it - neither will the
page
setup.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Daniel Daniel is offline

Default Follow up problem solved.

Follow up problem solved.
Finally I found a solution, its from a earlier thread buy Suzanne, (thank
you, you saved me for many hours of work)
I have pasted the answer from Suzanne below.
If the table is the only thing on the page, then the usual solution is to
make the page a separate section and change the page orientation to
landscape (see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm. If
there's other text on the page, you can copy the table and paste it back as
a picture (using Edit | Paste Special). You'll need to change the wrapping
from In Line With Text to, say, Square in order to rotate it.

"Daniel" skrev:

Is it possible to turn a horisontal table to vertical? I want to keep the
formatting. Changing the text direction wont do it - neither will the
page
setup.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you go that route, make sure you save an editable version of the table in
a separate file... just in case you need to edit/change it later on.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Daniel" wrote in message
Follow up problem solved.
Finally I found a solution, its from a earlier thread buy Suzanne, (thank
you, you saved me for many hours of work)
I have pasted the answer from Suzanne below.
If the table is the only thing on the page, then the usual solution is to
make the page a separate section and change the page orientation to
landscape (see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm.
If
there's other text on the page, you can copy the table and paste it back
as
a picture (using Edit | Paste Special). You'll need to change the wrapping
from In Line With Text to, say, Square in order to rotate it.

so
all may benefit.

Horisontal mode Arne Hegefors Tables 1 March 6th 07 10:23 AM
freqentie tabel Petrus Van den Cruyce New Users 3 July 10th 06 08:03 PM
how do i input a calendar for selection in a tabel? Hayley Microsoft Word Help 1 February 8th 06 01:50 PM
First row tabel diagonal Uli Tables 3 August 4th 05 09:42 AM
Turning off track changes ajacs Microsoft Word Help 1 January 30th 05 06:11 PM