Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zbo zbo is offline

Default Word 2007 documents: insert voice comments?

Is there any way to insert voice comments in track changes in Word 2007
documents? When I couldn't get the feature to work by following the
instructions, support told me that it has been dropped from Word 2007, and I
see now that the instructions say the feature is available only if one is
using a tablet PC. Is there any way around this for an ordinary PC (w/
Vista)? Or must I just return to using Word 2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I think "support" was thinking of Speech Recognition. Voice Comments are
still available, the command isn't in the Ribbon by default but you can add
it:

- Click the More button at the end of the Quick Access Toolbar and then
click More Commands
- In the Choose Commands From list, select Commands Not In the Ribbon
- Locate Voice Comment in the list, select it and then click Add
- Click OK to close Word Options.

What instructions did you see that indicated the feature was only available
if using a TabletPC?

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out: