Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jtm1211 jtm1211 is offline

Default MS Word 2002 - locking format

How can I 'lock' the formating of a document in Word? Someone created a
resume for me .. it was two pages long. But when I opened the doc on my PC,
the doc now runs onto three pages. This causes issues with headers, footers,
etc. I need to be able to format my resume (or any doc) on my PC, then have
confidence that if I send it out to someone else, they will view it exactly
as I have created it. Is there any way I can lock the format of a doc in
Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

jtm1211 wrote:
How can I 'lock' the formating of a document in Word? Someone
created a resume for me .. it was two pages long. But when I opened
the doc on my PC, the doc now runs onto three pages. This causes
issues with headers, footers, etc. I need to be able to format my
resume (or any doc) on my PC, then have confidence that if I send it
out to someone else, they will view it exactly as I have created it.
Is there any way I can lock the format of a doc in Word?

No, there is not -- the reason is explained at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm.

The solution is not to send a Word document at all. Format the resume as you
want, and then use one of the free Word-to-PDF converters such as CutePDF or
PDF995 (ask the Internet search engine of your choice about "Word to PDF")
to make a PDF file from it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Word program locking up in Office xp Professional 2002 tannman Microsoft Word Help 1 February 17th 09 10:54 AM
locking the format in Word 2002 so they don't move in other versio meeohw Page Layout 1 April 25th 06 12:04 AM
Locking Form Format in place skateblade Page Layout 2 November 7th 05 06:14 PM
Locking a format Helle Page Layout 1 June 27th 05 02:33 PM
Computer locking up during Word 2002 activity KR Microsoft Word Help 1 May 5th 05 04:16 PM