How do I set up a table of contents and chapter contents?

Old May 19th 05, 02:42 PM
Louis Garrett

Default How do I set up a table of contents and chapter contents?

I have a rather large government publication that needs some fine tuning. I
have a large begining table of contents that needs to correspond with smaller
table of contents located at beginning of each chapter. I can get the main
table of contents to link to the correct page, but the smaller chapter of
contents gives me a blank field error.

Any suggestions on on how to do a batch fix of this problem.
Old May 19th 05, 05:06 PM

For the chapter TOCs, see the section "A partial table of contents" in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm

"Louis Garrett" Louis wrote in message
I have a rather large government publication that needs some fine tuning.

have a large begining table of contents that needs to correspond with

smaller
table of contents located at beginning of each chapter. I can get the main
table of contents to link to the correct page, but the smaller chapter of
contents gives me a blank field error.

Any suggestions on on how to do a batch fix of this problem.

Table of Contents puts headings on two lines mylissyk Tables 1 March 1st 05 08:51 PM
Table of contents SMERTZ New Users 1 February 8th 05 04:00 AM
Item in Table of Contents throw off numbering Robert McN Page Layout 4 January 27th 05 12:50 AM
table of contents in thesis SSL New Users 1 January 9th 05 10:56 PM
Table of contents lorieaselin Microsoft Word Help 1 January 6th 05 06:42 PM