Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jnm

Default Saving with auto numberring in a predefined file

I have created a Report template and saved it as "Supplier evaluation
report.dot"
Now I want "the filled in report" to be saved in a predefined folder like
"server/supplier_evauluation/ with a name defined as
"number_SupplierName.doc".
_number shall be unique for the report and automatically assigned when
saving the report.
SupplierName shall be copied from the Supplier Name field in the report.
When the report is reopened for editing or addition of further information,
the "number_SupplierName" shall be unchanged.

How do I accomplish that??
Thanks in advance
Jorgen