Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ademar

Default Combining DDE Expressions

I use GoldMine's (CRM Software) link with Microsoft Word to merge documents.
GoldMine uses DDE to feed data from its database to Word. Here's an example
of a GoldMine DDE command that I can plug in to MS Word:
{DDEAUTO GoldMine Data CONTACT2-UACCTMGR \*CHARFORMAT}.

At the same time, I use some of Word's own merge commands to insert images
as a dynamic link. Here's an example:
{INCLUDEPICTURE "../../../Sigs/ADEMAR.BMP" \* MERGEFORMAT \d}

In this case, I'm merging a picture called "ADEMAR.BMP". What I need to
accomplish is have the picture file name be dynamic. I need the filename to
be feed through to Word from GoldMine's DDE command shown above. I tried
nesting GoldMine's DDE command into Word's DDE command but it didn't work.
It seems that Word is using whatever GoldMine feeds at the time I inserted
the DDE command and saved the document as a template. Therefore, it always
links the picture that was used when I first created/saved the template. I
have successfully combined GoldMine's DDE Commands with Word's DDE Commands
in the past but I have not had any luck with this one. I've tried several
variations of the following:

{INCLUDEPICTURE "../../../Sigs/{DDEAUTO GoldMine Data CONTACT2-UACCTMGR
\*CHARFORMAT}.BMP" \* MERGEFORMAT \d}

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Ademar.