sgill103 sgill103 is offline
Junior Member

Default adding a space in a merge field/macro

Hi, I am not sure I am using the right terms but I hope I can explain this.

I have created a button that creates a merge field (using directions from here https://apsona.com/blog/how-to-quick...elds-in-word/).

I want the merge fields to have a space at the end because I have many merge fields in a row and they aren't always filled in with anything and I have figured out how the document will populate correctly if there is a space as part of each merge field. Here is what it looks like in the word doc.

you can see how there is a SPACE before each end caret (sp??). But when the merge happens the space is not there.

How can i add a space within the merge field?

Thank you!

(I am using Word 2019 Student Version. I am on a Dell PC.)