#1   Report Post  

Default adding a space in a merge field/macro

Hi, I am not sure I am using the right terms but I hope I can explain this.

I have created a button that creates a merge field (using directions from here https://apsona.com/blog/how-to-quick...elds-in-word/).

I want the merge fields to have a space at the end because I have many merge fields in a row and they aren't always filled in with anything and I have figured out how the document will populate correctly if there is a space as part of each merge field. Here is what it looks like in the word doc.

"Your generous gift of «Opportunity Amount »«Ack Letter Program »«Tribute Type »«Honoree Name »will «Ack Letter Program »help ....."

you can see how there is a SPACE before each end caret (sp??). But when the merge happens the space is not there.

How can i add a space within the merge field?

Thank you!

(I am using Word 2019 Student Version. I am on a Dell PC.)