Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wesley45 Wesley45 is offline

Default "Heading" cross-reference type doesnt display header types

In my header, I'm trying to insert a cross-reference to my heading 2's within
the document. In "For which heading:" instead of allowing me to select
"Heading 2" (or any other heading for that matter) it lists the actual
heading 2 titles within the document. I want to be able to select "Heading 2"
so that the appropriate heading 2 title will display in the header, depending
on the page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Instead of cross-references (which won't work in situations such as this
one), use a STYLEREF field in the header. See the first section of the
article at http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Wesley45" wrote in message
In my header, I'm trying to insert a cross-reference to my heading 2's
within
the document. In "For which heading:" instead of allowing me to select
"Heading 2" (or any other heading for that matter) it lists the actual
heading 2 titles within the document. I want to be able to select "Heading
2"
so that the appropriate heading 2 title will display in the header,
depending
on the page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are welcome.