Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ArcticWolf ArcticWolf is offline

Default Command Button - Save and Send

Hi,

I don't know if this is possible so any other thoughts on how best to do
this would be great.

I have an employee questionaire saved as a Word template that needs to be
sent to all people within my org. It has many text form fields where the end
user enters the relevant data. One of the form fields is for their unique
employee 'code'.
Because some of my end users aren't that PC savvy, I'd like to automate the
naming and sending of this document.

I would like a command button that once clicked will:

1) save the template as a Word Document with the employees unique 'code' as
the file name. IE - my code is 12345678 so I would like the file to be saved
as 12345678.doc (saved in My Documents if possible?)

2) once the file has been correctly named, it sends itself via Outlook to

3) then asks the end user if they would like to close the document.

My issue is that I'd like to get some kind of naming standard with the
retuned files. I don't want 1000+ returns with the same file name, and by
using their 'code' it will make idenifying each employee a lot easier. Also
because these employees will be using stand alone PC's they may not know how
to open (or infact find) Outlook, so I would like to make it as easy as
possible for them.

Thanks in advance,

AW