Leanne Tanner

Default How do I cross reference between mutliple word documents?

I am working on a large report (multiple word documents), which has an
extensive list of supporting appendices (another separate word document). I
would like to cross reference my report to the table of appendices so that
when amendments are made to appendix references my report will update
accordingly.
Stefan Blom

1. Open the document containing your list of appendices and bookmark
it. Save and close the file.

2. Open the file where you want the cross-reference. Place the
insertion point at the desired location.

3. On the Insert menu, click File.

4. In the Insert File dialog box, locate the file containing your
bookmarked list of appendices.

5. Click the Range button and type the name of the bookmark.

6. Click the arrow next to the Insert button, and click the "Insert as
Link" option.

--
Stefan Blom

"Leanne Tanner" Leanne wrote in