Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michaele Michaele is offline

Default how do I unlock a document created by myself??

Has anyone figured out how to unlock thier word documents without the product
code? I bought the laptop with all programs on it already? Would the product
code be on the box somewhere?
Please help!!!!!

"angela." wrote:

hi tom, im having the exact same problem... have you managed to sort yours?

"Furious_Tom" wrote:

i got my laptop with all the programs pre installed and without packaging.
vista wont let me down grade my office programs back to 2003 and nothing
works. how can i possible activate my word if i never recieved a product key.
i realise that not having a product key is probably a fault of the business i
purchased the laptop off of but the office help function has been
infuriatingly unhelpful. is there anyway that tefch support or some such can
remedy the situation or will i never be able to use word again on my laptop?

"sunshine414" wrote:

tberry- If you have MS Office '07, then the problem may be that you need to
register the product before your Office programs will work properly. You'll
need to locate your 25 charcter product key. This key is located in the
package in which the program came.
Also, you should be getting prompted to enter this key when you launch an
Office program such as Word. The prompt text is incorrect stating that
Micrsoft does not "require" the key, rather that it only "recommends" that
you register the product. This is simply not true. You have to register the
product eventually as the program only allows you to bypass the product key
prompt 25 times before it will lock or "diminish functionality" of your MS
Office programs. It sounds like your "locked" toolbars are the result. Good
luck!

tberry" wrote:

Thanx. When I right-clicked on a toolbar, the drop down menu showed that my
toolbars were locked. I clicked it and removed the check next to "lock
toolbar". I don't know if that is unlocking my word program or not. I can't
even download a memo template and use it because it is locked already.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you get a menu of toolbars when you right-click on a toolbar? Do you get
a Toolbars item on the Tools menu (you may have to expand the menu to see
it)? Both of these should list the Forms toolbar. What version of Word do
you have?

"we2bfree" wrote in message
I have right-clicked on my toolbar and nothing happens - I right-clicked
on
a toolbar outside of my document and no Forms appears in the menu. View
doesn't show the option either and tools show Protect document but it is
in
grey. I never locked this document it just happened

Please Help - Susan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Right-click on any toolbar and choose Forms from the menu. Or use View |
Toolbars and choose it.

"tberry" wrote in message
ok on the Forms toolbar, as stated. Sorry but I don't seem to know
where
the
Forms toolbar is. My toolbars are almost completely greyed out and
under
tools I only have the option to "protect" not "unprotect" and it is
grey.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Forms toolbar, as stated.

"elle" wrote in message

where is the lock icon
"Carol" wrote:

Have you tried Tools | Unprotect Document? Or Using your Forms
toolbar,
clicking on the lock icon? If the document is password protected,
you
will
need to know the password.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by
number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Forms toolbar, as stated.

"elle" wrote in message

where is the lock icon

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by
number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Office version included with your laptop may have been a trial version.
If the trial period is over you will have to buy the software or stop using
it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Forms toolbar, as stated.

"elle" wrote in message

where is the lock icon

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be
filled in by
number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to
change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Forms toolbar, as stated.