Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Where is the word count tool?

Type everything except the number itself. For that, type NUMWORDS, then
select that word and press Ctrl+F9 to convert it to a field and F9 to
update.

http://word.mvps.org

"Hope" wrote in message
I know where it is - but how do I insert the [WORD COUNT: 250] on my typed
document?

"Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT]" wrote:

Hi,

You'll find the Word Count function under the "Review" tab (under "Set
Language"). I hope it helps,

Cheers,

Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT]

"abbyvfb" wrote:

Can someone please help! Where is the word count function in Word 2007?
There's no tool menu like there used to be. I need this desperately!!
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bandit 1200 bandit 1200 is offline

Thanks Chris. Very helpfull

"Chris W" wrote:

The most relevant answer to most everyone's question about finding commands
in Word '07 is simple:
1. Right-click on the "HOME" tab.
2. Select "CUSTOMIZE QUICK ACCESS TOOLBAR"
3. In the new window under "Choose Commands From:" drop down menu, select
"ALL COMMANDS"
4.You will see a list of all commands. Scroll down to whatever command you
have been looking for and highlight it. Click "ADD" button.
5. The command button will now reside on the top toolbar in Word '07.

NOTE: not all commands that were available in '03 are directly accessible in
'07. That is why you have to go to the "Customize Quick Access Toolbar"
operation.

"Frank.Appelgate" wrote:

Where do I contact MSFT? These blogs did not help me. I still can not find
the word counter for word 2007

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Note that the people answering questions here do not work for Microsoft. And
providing details is necessary, because, as you pointed out, no one here is
a mind-reader.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Older Than You" Older Than wrote in message
Oh great, I guess we are supposed to be mind-readers and just know all
this.

"Could you provide some steps to reproduce the behavior?"
Isn't MS supposed to be telling US where these behaviors are? Didn't
someone test this before releasing it? Why to users have to point out
the
problems?

But I guess if there is no regard for the amount of lost productivity
caused
by someone in MS not having anything better to do than completely change
the
UI, there certainly is no interest in telling customers how the new UI
actually works (when it does).

===

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Digitig,

Could you provide some steps to reproduce the behavior?

Is this typed text, or text pasted from a non-Word document pasted in?

What font are you using and what view are you working in.

Generally, the type of behavior you mentioned can occur if the font is a
symbol font (even if the 'symbols' look 'letterlike') as
Word then doesn't see 'words' just characters, but clicking on the
Wordcount item on the Word 2007 status bar at the bottom of the
screen should bring up the count dialog and a character count that does
'see' these characters but the Word count may not appear
correctly.

============
"digitig" wrote in message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Live word count is on the status bar.

But only sometimes updates. Specifically, if you select part of a text
the
live word count /should/ show the number of words in the selected portion
before the number of words in the whole text. Sometimes it does, and
that's
great. Sometimes it doesn't, which sucks. In my latest college assignment
there are blocks of plain text for which, if I select them, the live word
count will show the word count for the selection. There there are other
blocks of plain text for which, if I select them, the live word count
will
continue to display only the total for the document and I have to go to
the
word count button on the review tab to get the count.

So I'm afraid I'm at least partly with "Joe in Durango, CO". Word count
in
the status bar would be a great feature if it worked consistently. It
doesn't, so it's a real nuisance that the version that /does/ work is so
hard
to find.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daisy1124 Daisy1124 is offline

"abbyvfb" wrote:

Can someone please help! Where is the word count function in Word 2007?
There's no tool menu like there used to be. I need this desperately!! Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There's a Word Count button on the Review tab, but it's much more
satisfactory to right-click on the status bar and add Word Count as one of
the buttons there. It will automatically display the word count of the
entire document or a selection, and you can click on it to get the character
count and other statistics.

http://word.mvps.org

"Daisy1124" wrote in message

"abbyvfb" wrote:

Can someone please help! Where is the word count function in Word 2007?
There's no tool menu like there used to be. I need this desperately!!
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margaret Margaret is offline

I have one machine that refuses to show Word Count in the status bar. I go to
Review and click the 123 button, and it will show Page 2 of 2, but not the
word count. Then, next time I start Word I have to do that again. How do I
get it to show the Word Count on the status bar, and how do I get it to stay
there so next time I start Word it comes up again?

Thanks!

"digitig" wrote:

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word2007? Right-click on the status bar and turn on Word Count. (And
whichever of the other availabilities would be convenient for you.)