Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hardtop

Default Automatically insert reference number in Word

a I send out a huge number of faxes per day which are typed in a Word
Template. I have to give each fax a reference no. eg K077/06; k078/06;
k079/06; etc. Is there anyway to get Word to automatically insert the next
reference no. into the fax each time I open the Fax template? It takes so
much time to look up the next refrence number.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"hardtop" wrote in message
a I send out a huge number of faxes per day which are typed in a Word
Template. I have to give each fax a reference no. eg K077/06; k078/06;
k079/06; etc. Is there anyway to get Word to automatically insert the next
reference no. into the fax each time I open the Fax template? It takes so
much time to look up the next refrence number.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margaret Aldis

See

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/NumberDocs.htm