Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patty123 Patty123 is offline

Default Word 2007 shadow icon replaced by highlighter icon on ribbon

I'm using Office 2007 Pro on Vista.
I used the shadow icon in the Paragraph Group on a paragraph, and then I did
other stuff, and then I see that the shadow icon is replaced by the
highlighter icon. The Help file says that one cannot change the icons on the
ribbon so I am clueless about how it happened. I added the shadow icon to
the Quick Access Toolbar but it remains grey'd out so non-functional. Ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Patty,

The text highlighter is part of the Home Ribbon Font group.
There is a 'Shading' choice in the Paragraph group and there can be a 'Character Shading' choice in the Font group as well.

In Powerpoint 'Text Shadow' is is on the Ribbon in Home=Font, but would need to be added in Word to the QAT. In general, if a
particular choice is greyed out the selection the cursor is on usually doesn't support that feature (i.e. you have a shape selected
and are trying to use text coloring) or the version of file you saved in doesn't support a particular feature.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP