Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aresee Aresee is offline

Default Developer Menu Tab

In Word 2007: The Developer tab - Last group of icons - document template
and document panel. I assumed template icon would list all templates as in
Office Button, New, Templates etc, but no. Could any one explain how you use
these icons in the developer tab or are they linked only to XML documents?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not sure what you mean by "document panel," but the Document Template
button displays the Templates and Add-Ins dialog box which shows, among
other things, what template is attached to the current document, and what
add-ins are loaded in the current Word session.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Aresee" wrote in message
news
In Word 2007: The Developer tab - Last group of icons - document template
and document panel. I assumed template icon would list all templates as in
Office Button, New, Templates etc, but no. Could any one explain how you
use
these icons in the developer tab or are they linked only to XML documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

To answer the portion about the Document Panel, this button is only
available if you have InfoPath installed. It enables you to host an InfoPath
form in Word and update SharePoint content. The InfoPath form essentially
replaces the Document Properties pane that appears below the Ribbon.

It has another frequently requested option too - the ability to always show
the document properties when opening/saving documents.

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
I'm not sure what you mean by "document panel," but the Document Template
button displays the Templates and Add-Ins dialog box which shows, among
other things, what template is attached to the current document, and what
add-ins are loaded in the current Word session.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Aresee" wrote in message
news
In Word 2007: The Developer tab - Last group of icons - document
template
and document panel. I assumed template icon would list all templates as
in
Office Button, New, Templates etc, but no. Could any one explain how you
use
these icons in the developer tab or are they linked only to XML
documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thank you for this additional information.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
[...]

"Aresee" wrote in message
news
In Word 2007: The Developer tab - Last group of icons - document
template
and document panel. I assumed template icon would list all templates as
in
Office Button, New, Templates etc, but no. Could any one explain how you
use
these icons in the developer tab or are they linked only to XML
documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

You're welcome. :-)

[...]

"Aresee" wrote in message
news In Word 2007: The Developer tab - Last group of icons - document
template
and document panel. I assumed template icon would list all templates as
in
Office Button, New, Templates etc, but no. Could any one explain how
you use
these icons in the developer tab or are they linked only to XML
documents?

Controls disabled in Developer ribbon Steve Eklund Microsoft Word Help 1 May 11th 09 09:54 PM
Developer Keith Microsoft Word Help 1 March 7th 09 06:26 PM
How do I display the Developer Tab in Word 2007? The Dude Alken[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 0 June 11th 08 10:34 PM
Features on my Developer tab do not work in templates Dwilma New Users 1 November 25th 07 02:15 AM
Word VBA project-need developer Software Butcher Microsoft Word Help 4 June 3rd 06 09:38 PM