Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Aleven Aleven is offline

Default A second footer appears with footnote insertion, ineditable, in Wo

Working in a document that was previously joined from several documents in
compatibliity mode, a second footer appears above the normal one. It is not
part of the document nor of the footer. If all footnotes is removed from any
page, the second footer disappears from that page.
Anyone have solution to this please, urgent.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I assume you're not referring to the footnote itself or the Footnote
Separator?

http://word.mvps.org

"Aleven" wrote in message
Working in a document that was previously joined from several documents in
compatibliity mode, a second footer appears above the normal one. It is
not
part of the document nor of the footer. If all footnotes is removed from
any
page, the second footer disappears from that page.
Anyone have solution to this please, urgent.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JJB JJB is offline

I have the same problem. I have headers and footers in all pages within my
document. I removed Continuous section breaks, but I cannot do without Next
page breaks. Regardless, whenever I insert a footnote (not an Endnote),
whether I want it Below text or at the End of the page, I get several lines
with copies of one of my headers. These lines are grayed out, if I open the
header and footer I cannot select them, likewise if I am within the regular
Print layout. I am using Word 2007.

"Aleven" wrote:

Working in a document that was previously joined from several documents in
compatibliity mode, a second footer appears above the normal one. It is not
part of the document nor of the footer. If all footnotes is removed from any
page, the second footer disappears from that page.
Anyone have solution to this please, urgent.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Sounds like document corruption; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

http://word.mvps.org