Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
gtchickadee gtchickadee is offline

Default Captions in Landscape Mode

I am trying to use auto-numbering of figures in my microsoft document.
However, I'm working in landscape mode, and all of my figures are numbering
right to left (which would be correct if I was in portrait). Is there a way
to change the numbering order when in landscape mode?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If your figures are "floating" (that is, their text wrapping style is *not*
"In line with text"), captions added to them will be in text boxes.

The actual numbering is made with SEQ fields, and the numbers displayed by
those fields depend on the relative position of text box anchors in the
document; if the anchor is close to the top of a page, a lower number will
be displayed compared to other SEQ fields in text boxes on the same page.

Display object anchors for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8 (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/Anchors.htm as well as
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...intChars.htm); then select the
text boxes one by one and be sure to move the anchors
appropriately.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP