Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Digibru Digibru is offline

Default How do get my cursor to start in a rich text field in a form?

--
Dennis Armbruster
Technical Support Analyst
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

That subject line, with no further description, just leads to more
questions.

- Under what conditions do you want this to happen? When a new document is
create from a template? When an existing document is reopened? Something
else?

- Are we talking about a rich text *content control* in Word 2007, or
something else? (No version of Word has any other kind of rich text form
field as a native feature, but there are third-party controls that might be
in use.)

- Where in the document is the field?

- Is the form protected in any way? If I'm right about the Word 2007 content
control, have you selected the whole document and used the Group command on
it? (If you haven't, try it -- it's equivalent to "protection for forms"
with legacy form fields.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman