Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
-phil linerode -phil linerode is offline

Default Word07 - Text box at top of page

When I open a new page a text box appears at the very top.
I can activate it - right click - Format frame... - Remove frame to get
the text boundaries back.

How do I get the text box to go away and the text boundaries to appear by
default?

PS - In Word Options - Show document content - Show text boundaries is
already checked.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?LXBoaWwgbGluZXJvZGU=?=,

When I open a new page a text box appears at the very top.
I can activate it - right click - Format frame... - Remove frame to get
the text boundaries back.

How do I get the text box to go away and the text boundaries to appear by
default?

PS - In Word Options - Show document content - Show text boundaries is
already checked.

Which command are you using to create this "new page"?

If you hold down CTRL when starting Word, to go into Safe Mode, is this frame
still on the page, or has it gone away (for the moment)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
-phil linerode[_2_] -phil linerode[_2_] is offline

Hi Cindy,

So far so good.
In the 'safe mode' the text box did not appear.
So, what's the next step?

-phil

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?LXBoaWwgbGluZXJvZGU=?=,

When I open a new page a text box appears at the very top.
I can activate it - right click - Format frame... - Remove frame to get
the text boundaries back.

How do I get the text box to go away and the text boundaries to appear by
default?

PS - In Word Options - Show document content - Show text boundaries is
already checked.

Which command are you using to create this "new page"?

If you hold down CTRL when starting Word, to go into Safe Mode, is this frame
still on the page, or has it gone away (for the moment)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Phil,

So far so good.
In the 'safe mode' the text box did not appear.
So, what's the next step?

Mmm. You didn't answer my question about which command you're using to "open a
new page".

What I can tell you is that either something is in your Normal.dot template, or a
macro is running.

When I open a new page a text box appears at the very top.
I can activate it - right click - Format frame... - Remove frame to get
the text boundaries back.

How do I get the text box to go away and the text boundaries to appear by
default?

PS - In Word Options - Show document content - Show text boundaries is
already checked.

Which command are you using to create this "new page"?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
-phil linerode[_2_] -phil linerode[_2_] is offline

Hi Cindy,

Sorry, I missed your point.
When I click the 'File' circle in the upper left, if I and choose New, and
the default 'Blank document' option, I get the text box.
When I click the 'File' circle in the upper left, if I and choose New, and
the 'Office Word 2003 Look template' option, I get the page with text
boundaries shown.

Obviously, I have a fix-around, but I want to restore my Normal.dot template.

Thanks again,

-phil

"Cindy M." wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?LXBoaWwgbGluZXJvZGU=?=,

When I click the 'File' circle in the upper left, if I and choose New, and
the default 'Blank document' option, I get the text box.
When I click the 'File' circle in the upper left, if I and choose New, and
the 'Office Word 2003 Look template' option, I get the page with text
boundaries shown.

Obviously, I have a fix-around, but I want to restore my Normal.dot template.

Yes, this helps :-) It appears this frame has somehow been saved in your 2007
Normal.dotm template.

(Assuming a WinXP installation) Exit Word. If you go to C:\Documents and
settings\[profile name]\Application data\Microsoft\Templates do you see
Normal.dot there? (You'll need to turn on the display of hidden folders and
files in Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/View.) If yes, rename it to
NormalX.dotm. Now start Word again. Is the "frame" gone from new documents you
create?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
-phil linerode[_2_] -phil linerode[_2_] is offline

Yes, yes, yes!
Cindy, you are wonderful.
Thank you so much - it worked perfectly.
I know it may seem like a little nuisance thing, but it was a big annoyance
to me.
Grace,
-phil

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?LXBoaWwgbGluZXJvZGU=?=,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Phil,

it worked perfectly.
I know it may seem like a little nuisance thing, but it was a big annoyance
to me.

Good, glad to know it was that simple (and not a macro or something much more
difficult to track down).

If you had other customizations in your Normal.dot (formatted Autocorrect
entries, macros, toolbar customizations, keyboard shortcuts would fall in that
category): Open the file you renamed, delete the offending thing, save, close
and rename it back :-)