Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joop joop is offline

Default how to change balloon width

In Review mode the balloons with Comments and Revisions are to wide to my
taste. I want more space for the regular text. I do not want them in between
text or on a separate pane.
Please advise.
Johan vD
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can change the amount of space reserved for the balloons. If you are
using Word 2007: On the Review tab, click Track Changes, and then click
Change Tracking Options. In the "Balloons" section, specify your "Preferred
width." When you are done, click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"joop" wrote in message
In Review mode the balloons with Comments and Revisions are to wide to my
taste. I want more space for the regular text. I do not want them in
between
text or on a separate pane.
Please advise.
Johan vD

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although some here think that offering any advice beyond the exact
question you asked is not a good idea, you should realize that making
the balloon area narrower will cause your balloons to get taller, and
if you happen to have enough balloons to fill up the whole height of
the page, Word will put the comments that don't fit on the page into a
separate pane (and neither you nor I like to have Comments in a pane
instead of in balloons).

Note that the balloon area doesn't cause your text area to get smaller
(in the sense of shorter line width) on screen. And you can use Zoom
to enlarge the view. But when you print your document with markup,
Word shrinks the text area to make room for the balloons.