Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laszlo Laszlo is offline

Default PDF Converter Icon Disappeared!

So I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Pro which up to about a week ago when Windows
updated enabled me to convert Word into PDFs through the appearance of a
little PDF icon in Word --now, the icon is gone.

I've tried going into the preferences sections of both Adobe Acrobat Pro and
Word to find out if I can somehow bring it back up and, alas, no luck.

Any ideas? Your help is really appeciated!!!
Laszlo
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/328909.html
"PDFMaker is unavailable in a Microsoft Office application
(Acrobat 6.x on Windows XP or 2000)".

Laszlo wrote:
So I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Pro which up to about a week ago when Windows
updated enabled me to convert Word into PDFs through the appearance of a
little PDF icon in Word --now, the icon is gone.

I've tried going into the preferences sections of both Adobe Acrobat Pro and
Word to find out if I can somehow bring it back up and, alas, no luck.

Any ideas? Your help is really appeciated!!!
Laszlo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laszlo Laszlo is offline

Well Garfield-n-Odie, you get the day's supergenius award. It worked!
Here's the instruction for the sake of memorializing it he

iSolution 1: Remove Adobe PDF from the Disabled Items list in the
Microsoft Office 2003 application.

1. Open the Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, Publisher).

2. Go to Help About [application name ].

3. Click Disabled Items.

4. Select Adobe PDF from the list and click Enable.

5. Quit the Microsoft Office application and then restart it. /i

Laszlo

Laszlo wrote:
So I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Pro which up to about a week ago when Windows
updated enabled me to convert Word into PDFs through the appearance of a
little PDF icon in Word --now, the icon is gone.

I've tried going into the preferences sections of both Adobe Acrobat Pro and
Word to find out if I can somehow bring it back up and, alas, no luck.

Any ideas? Your help is really appeciated!!!
Laszlo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
areed areed is offline

I have been able to convert from Word to PDF and from PDF to Word and the
icon still shows on the toolbar in Word but when I click on it NOTHING
happens now. How can I enable this function again? I am using Adobe 6.0
Professional and Office 2003.
Thank you
Angela