Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lcsquare lcsquare is offline

Default WEB LAYOUT VIEW vs PAGE LAYOUT VIEW

When I change the background color of my document, you can only see the color
in the Web Layout View. Which would be fine for e-mailing the document to
someone, however it loses it's margins and tab spacings.

Is there away to retain the original Page View margins and settings in the
Web View?

Or is there a way to see the background color in Page View mode?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi L.C.,

You didn't mention the version of Word you're using, but generally, the Web Layout view is a single page, marginless display to
mimic how a web browser would see the page.

If you're using a version prior to Word 2007 then
Format=Background=Fill Effects are intended for online viewing but can become visible in Print/Page Layout view by turning.
Tools=Options=View=Background colors and images

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP