Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Andy Whitney

Default New 2003 Install & Macros

There were some changes in the calendar macro from 2000 to 2003. The day
dates are centered instead of left justified and there are no lines between
the dates.

It is simple to add these things each time, but I thought I would write a
macro that selects all the days, then left justifies followed by 'Borders
and Shading-Grid' to restore it to the 2000 version.

I get the macro started up to the recording phase but nothing will record,
the tape icon is present and the mouse works but clicking will not select
the dates.

What am I doing wrong here?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

There are many mouse actions that cannot be recorded using the macro
recorder. It should however be possible to create the necessary commands
directly in the Visual Basic Editor.

The following may do what you want:

Dim acell As Cell
Dim arow As Row
Dim aborder As Border
With ActiveDocument.Tables(1)
For Each arow In .Rows
For Each acell In arow.Cells
acell.VerticalAlignment = wdCellAlignVerticalCenter
acell.Range.Paragraphs.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft
Next acell
Next arow
For Each aborder In .Borders
aborder.Visible = True
Next aborder
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Andy Whitney" wrote in message
There were some changes in the calendar macro from 2000 to 2003. The day
dates are centered instead of left justified and there are no lines
between
the dates.

It is simple to add these things each time, but I thought I would write a
macro that selects all the days, then left justifies followed by 'Borders
and Shading-Grid' to restore it to the 2000 version.

I get the macro started up to the recording phase but nothing will record,
the tape icon is present and the mouse works but clicking will not select
the dates.

What am I doing wrong here?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Consider creating and applying a paragraph style. Applying can be done with
a macro or a replace action.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.