Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
whisky

Default Sectionpages error

Hi
I have a document divided into 4 sections vith a new page and on every
pagehead I have the fields:
{PAGE } ({SECTIONPAGES }) The sectionpages are inside brackets
Section 1 have 4 pages, section 2 have 3 pages, section 3 have 5 pages and
so on
I want it to be in section 1, 1 (4), 2 (4), 3 (4) and so on,
but when I print I get 1 (1), 2 (2), 3 (3) and so on.
In PrintPreview it looks good.
I have tried to activate the 'Update Field' in Tools-Options but it does not
help.
I have tried to print on different printers but it does not help.
Sometimes, 1 of 10 times the document prints correct.
I am running WinXP Pro( English) and Office 2003 SP2(Swedish)

Can sombody help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

See:

"Page X of Y" gives wrong numbers
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"whisky" skrev i meddelandet
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
whisky

Hi Thank you for a quick ansver.

When I cleared the checkbox for 'Background Printing' it seems to work.
Is Microsoft fixing this problem whith a hotfix?

"whisky" skrev i meddelandet
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

"whisky" skrev i meddelandet
Hi Thank you for a quick ansver.
When I cleared the checkbox for 'Background Printing' it seems to
work.

You are welcome. I'm glad that you found a useful workaround.

Is Microsoft fixing this problem whith a hotfix?

I have no information on the Page X of Y bug beyond what is in the
article. However, since it has been around for awhile (in different
shapes), I suspect that we'll have to live with it, for now...

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP