Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
carsoneb

Default with 2 columns to a page, how to insert a page number for each?

When I have 2 columns to a page and want sequential page numbers under each,
how do I do it? e.g.: The first page would contain two columns; the first
would be page 1, the second column would be page 2.
Thanks for any help
Carson
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you have Word 2000 or above, instead of using two columns, use the "2
pages per sheet" option in the Page Setup dialog (NOT the one in the Print
dialog). This allows you to have two separate pages with page numbers, page
borders, and anything else you can have on a normal page. If you're trying
to create a booklet, and have Word 2002 or 2003, use the "Book fold" setting
instead.

If this is Word 97, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/Print2Pages.htm. If you're trying to
create a booklet in Word 97 or 2000 (or become disgusted with "Book fold" in
Word 2002 or 2003), see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm

"carsoneb" wrote in message
When I have 2 columns to a page and want sequential page numbers under

each,
how do I do it? e.g.: The first page would contain two columns; the

first
would be page 1, the second column would be page 2.
Thanks for any help
Carson

Want to start page 1 numbering after five pages - how? RM Page Layout 6 April 5th 06 05:07 AM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
Page Breaks in Tables with Varying Number of Columns Sean Tables 3 February 10th 06 05:22 PM
How Do I Delete Page Numbers I Don't Want! James Inman Microsoft Word Help 6 August 14th 05 10:25 PM
Page Number and Page header on the first page Frank Drost Formatting Long Documents 3 March 1st 05 02:17 PM