Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Susan C

Default Balancing column endnotes

I have a multipled section document with some sections in columns and some
not. At the end of a columned sections, I have columned endnotes. I want to
balance the endnotes so that I can start a new section on the same page. I
have inserted a continues section break at the end of the text, but that does
not make the endnotes balance. The insert break option is greyed out when I
am in the endnote text. What do I do?

Susan C.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

I think the following is what you need:

I need to put a bibliography after my endnotes, but Word won’t let me.
http://daiya.mvps.org/biblio.htm#TextAfterNotes

(which is the fifth item in the article titled "Footnote, Endnote, and
Bibliography Questions").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Susan C" wrote in message
I have a multipled section document with some sections in columns

and some
not. At the end of a columned sections, I have columned endnotes. I

want to
balance the endnotes so that I can start a new section on the same

page. I
have inserted a continues section break at the end of the text, but

that does
not make the endnotes balance. The insert break option is greyed out

when I
am in the endnote text. What do I do?

Susan C.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Susan C

No, that doesn't help. I already have the endnotes applying to the section,
not the document and I have the continuous section break at the end of the
text, not the endnotes, but the endnotes still do not balance in their
columns.

"Susan C" wrote in message
I have a multipled section document with some sections in columns

and some
not. At the end of a columned sections, I have columned endnotes. I

want to
balance the endnotes so that I can start a new section on the same

page. I
have inserted a continues section break at the end of the text, but

that does
not make the endnotes balance. The insert break option is greyed out

when I
am in the endnote text. What do I do?

Susan C.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Hmm, I misunderstood your first message. As far as I know, there is no
way to balance the endnotes as you would balance column text in the
main body of the document. Using a continuous section break obviously
doesn't work (since no section breaks can be added to the endnote
area).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP