Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TKF

Default Default setting numbe rof copies in templates

I use WORD 2002. I'm creating *.dot templates and I want to submit the
number of copies to be printed when using the template in the word
document. So, when I want 3 copies it should submitted by the template
to WORD and when I print, it should always print 3 copies and not 1 as
the default setting is.
Is there any help ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

Number of copies is not a setting that the template will retain. You could
write a macro that traps the print command and set the value there; but then
you'd have to distribute the macro also, which is not worth doing for such a
trivial objective.

Automatically printing multiple copies is a silly idea anyway. What if the
user wants to print to PDF or fax? Or they've worked out that printing once
and photocopying twice is cheaper?

"TKF" wrote in message
ups.com...
I use WORD 2002. I'm creating *.dot templates and I want to submit the
number of copies to be printed when using the template in the word
document. So, when I want 3 copies it should submitted by the template
to WORD and when I print, it should always print 3 copies and not 1 as
the default setting is.
Is there any help ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TKF

Thanks, but the situation is as follows:
I use templates to issue documents like invoices, contracts, etc.
Therefore I want to submit the number of copies to be printed. The user
should not type all the time this number manually (to avoid double
work)

Writing a macro force an immediate print....

Do you have any idea ?

TKF

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

It's an easy macro to write: trap the Print function and set the number of
copies. But if you think this will reduce the amount of work in your office,
you shouldn't be writing macros.

oups.com...