Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Yolanda

Default Mirror margins and border question

I am trying to create a document with 2.5" mirror margins. I would like a
vertical page border to be placed to the right of the text on the odd pages
and to the left of the text on the even pages. This will put a line
separating the 2.5" margin on all pages. The purpose of the 2.5" margin is
to allow white space for student notes. I am creating a training User's
Guide. Is this possible? Any suggestions for how this can be done. I am
using Word 2003.
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Unfortunately, the Page Border dialog doesn't offer an option to create a
border on the Inside or Outside (which would be useful). But you can
accomplish the same thing manually. Check the box for "Different odd and
even" on the Layout tab of Page Setup. This will give you separate headers
for odd and even pages. Anchor a drawing line in the right margin in the Odd
Page Header and in the left margin in the Even Page Header.

"Yolanda" wrote in message
news
I am trying to create a document with 2.5" mirror margins. I would like a
vertical page border to be placed to the right of the text on the odd
pages
and to the left of the text on the even pages. This will put a line
separating the 2.5" margin on all pages. The purpose of the 2.5" margin

is
to allow white space for student notes. I am creating a training User's
Guide. Is this possible? Any suggestions for how this can be done. I

am
using Word 2003.
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Yolanda

Suzanne-
Thank you. That is the solution and it worked great. I appreciate your
response to my question.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately, the Page Border dialog doesn't offer an option to create a
border on the Inside or Outside (which would be useful). But you can
accomplish the same thing manually. Check the box for "Different odd and
even" on the Layout tab of Page Setup. This will give you separate headers
for odd and even pages. Anchor a drawing line in the right margin in the Odd
Page Header and in the left margin in the Even Page Header.

"Yolanda" wrote in message
news
I am trying to create a document with 2.5" mirror margins. I would like a
vertical page border to be placed to the right of the text on the odd

pages
and to the left of the text on the even pages. This will put a line
separating the 2.5" margin on all pages. The purpose of the 2.5" margin

is
to allow white space for student notes. I am creating a training User's
Guide. Is this possible? Any suggestions for how this can be done. I

am
using Word 2003.
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Glad I could help--just wish it were easier.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately, the Page Border dialog doesn't offer an option to create

border on the Inside or Outside (which would be useful). But you can
accomplish the same thing manually. Check the box for "Different odd and
even" on the Layout tab of Page Setup. This will give you separate

headers
for odd and even pages. Anchor a drawing line in the right margin in the

Odd
Page Header and in the left margin in the Even Page Header.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news