Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chris

Default Set Allow Starting in Reading Layout at the document level

Is it possible to disable the "Allow Starting in Reading Layout" option at
the document level instead of just at the application level.

The headers are an important part of most of my documents and I would like
them to be visible by default to people who I email my documents.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

You have no control over how a user views your documents - nor should you.
If you want your documents to be viewed as you prepared them, you need to
consider sending them in PDF format, for which you will need additional
software.

Chris wrote:
Is it possible to disable the "Allow Starting in Reading Layout"
option at the document level instead of just at the application level.

The headers are an important part of most of my documents and I would
like them to be visible by default to people who I email my documents.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chris

Thanks for the reply.
The situation I am trying to address is that where I place my contact
information and page numbering in headers and footers.Then I use the
document sort of like e-stationary and attach it to e-mail.
I do have acrobat writer but word docs are often required.
I want to make sure that my contact information remains visible in all
reading modes a most users don't know one reading mode from another.
If you have any ideas on how best to address this issue I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris wrote:
Is it possible to disable the "Allow Starting in Reading Layout"
option at the document level instead of just at the application level.

The headers are an important part of most of my documents and I would
like them to be visible by default to people who I email my documents.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

Even if you could overcome the view issue, which you can't, there is also
the issue of reflow http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm. If
the sensible option of PDF format is unacceptable, the alternative is to
create HTML files but I can foresee as many problems there.

If you are sending these documents unsolicited then as many users will
discard the lot as will read them and if they are solicited, why not simply
tell the user to set the view in the accompanying message?

Chris wrote:
Is it possible to disable the "Allow Starting in Reading Layout"
option at the document level instead of just at the application
level. The headers are an important part of most of my documents and I
would like them to be visible by default to people who I email my
documents. Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chris

Ok, I'll remove any information that is critical for display from the header
and use PDF's where acceptable.

Thanks for you direction with this,

Chris wrote:
Is it possible to disable the "Allow Starting in Reading Layout"
option at the document level instead of just at the application
level. The headers are an important part of most of my documents and I
would like them to be visible by default to people who I email my
documents. Thanks,

reading layout try again chas71 Page Layout 1 April 26th 06 05:36 PM
reading layout chas71 Page Layout 1 April 26th 06 04:22 PM
Customize Outline Numbered List box question Soccerman58 New Users 9 January 17th 06 06:17 PM
Reading Layout should include document header Divesh Microsoft Word Help 0 September 23rd 05 12:36 AM
Reading layout loses table of contents ASwadener Microsoft Word Help 14 January 10th 05 04:40 PM