Steved

Default I know how to but

Hello From Steved (Word Document)

001 3.05 Pm Kedgley

Using the find for the above i would type in the find
dialog box 001^t3

My question is that I want to type in 001^tk to find 001
Kedgley, missing out the 3.05 as this changes from time to
time. The purpose I'm using a hyperlink from Excel to word.

It will not work is their a work around please.

Thankyou very much.
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:02:03 -0800, "Steved"
wrote:

Hello From Steved (Word Document)

001 3.05 Pm Kedgley

Using the find for the above i would type in the find
dialog box 001^t3

My question is that I want to type in 001^tk to find 001
Kedgley, missing out the 3.05 as this changes from time to
time. The purpose I'm using a hyperlink from Excel to word.

It will not work is their a work around please.

Thankyou very much.

Hi Steve,

In order to skip over unknown characters, you need a wildcard search
(see http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm).

Try the search string
001^9[!^13]@K
which will find 001, the tab, and the K in the same paragraph. (Note
that wildcard searches are case-sensitive.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman