Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Sharon Sharon is offline

Default convert text to table

I have a list of documents as shown below. The number and the title of the
document are separated by a tab and there is a paragraph mark at the end of
each line. When I try and convert this to a table, I choose Table| Convert |
Text to Table | Choose 2 columns | Separate at text: tab, but it only
creates a table with one column. What am I doing wrong?

01(tab) Application Claims.pdf(paragraph mark)
02(tab) Application (First and Second Pages).pdf(paragraph mark)
02a(tab) Application (complete).pdf(paragraph mark)
03(tab) Submission of Formal Drawings and Formal Drawings.pdf(paragraph mark)
04(tab) Sequence Statement, Sequence Listing, and copy of
Diskette.pdf(paragraph mark)
05 Transmittal Letter and Postcard.pdf(paragraph mark)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

It is certainly working for me, if I first copy the text of your message
into Word (replacing "(tab)" with actual tab characters, of course).

Does Word suggest two columns, or do you have to type it in?

Where does the text end up, as Word creates the table? The whole paragraph
in one column, or...?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Convert Text to Table Sharon Tables 1 October 3rd 07 07:50 PM
Convert Table to Text Mkate Microsoft Word Help 1 January 16th 07 04:27 PM
Convert Text to Table Ed Sheehan Tables 1 July 27th 06 12:38 AM
Convert from table to text Gone Sailing New Users 2 June 8th 06 04:30 AM
in text file convert to Word table.
Bill_McC Tables 1 January 27th 05 03:47 PM