Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default Gridlines on tables

Every single time I email a table or, for that matter, reopen the document
containing the table, the gridlines are there in spite of the fact that I
take them off before saving the document. I email the docs to myself just to
check, and it never fails--they appear!

Do I have to live with that or is there some way I can prevent it?

Please don't ever leave me!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

I forgot to mention, Terry, that I'm still in Word 2003 and can't find the
"Show Boundaries" option.

Thanks for being there and for having been so much help to me over the years!

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Have you go Show Boundaries enabled? That setting overrides Gridlines.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Island Girl" wrote in message
Every single time I email a table or, for that matter, reopen the document
containing the table, the gridlines are there in spite of the fact that I
take them off before saving the document. I email the docs to myself just
check, and it never fails--they appear!

Do I have to live with that or is there some way I can prevent it?

Please don't ever leave me!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Well, I intentionally display mine all the time, but it's a setting one is
not likely to enable inadvertently.

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Have you go Show Boundaries enabled? That setting overrides
Gridlines.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Island Girl" wrote in
message
Every single time I email a table or, for that matter, reopen the
document
containing the table, the gridlines are there in spite of the fact
that I
take them off before saving the document. I email the docs to
myself just
check, and it never fails--they appear!

Do I have to live with that or is there some way I can prevent it?

Please don't ever leave me!

Gridlines S. Kissing Microsoft Word Help 3 June 9th 22 11:01 AM
Gridlines Michael G. Microsoft Word Help 1 August 18th 08 08:59 PM
gridlines [email protected] Page Layout 1 May 20th 08 07:45 PM
Table gridlines Mary Ann Tables 2 November 4th 05 07:09 AM
No gridlines in table Emma Riley Tables 5 December 29th 04 10:38 PM