Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
chaucersmom chaucersmom is offline

Default Create a Label

I need simple directions for creating a Shipping Label in MS Word 2007. I
want it to have a colored border, a return address, and a TO: space to add
the address. I am not using Avery labels -- just want to print it out on
plain paper.

When I have a package to mail, I would like to click on the label I've
created on my desktop and insert the address from my contacts in Outlook
2007. (I see from the posts that you can't create a label in Outlook.) I
can't seem to get label templates to work anyway. Could only get the return
address to print out. I must be missing something here. At any rate, I'd
rather design my own label.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
chaucersmom chaucersmom is offline

Ok, I can do that part now. But how do I get the address from my Outlook
2007 to be inserted and in the proper placei?

chaucersmom wrote:
I need simple directions for creating a Shipping Label in MS Word 2007. I
want it to have a colored border, a return address, and a TO: space to add
the address. I am not using Avery labels -- just want to print it out on
plain paper.

When I have a package to mail, I would like to click on the label I've
created on my desktop and insert the address from my contacts in Outlook
2007. (I see from the posts that you can't create a label in Outlook.) I
can't seem to get label templates to work anyway. Could only get the return
address to print out. I must be missing something here. At any rate, I'd
rather design my own label.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm and the information there about
inserting data from Outlook.
If you want to see this in action, download the envelope samples from my web
site. Save one of the automated samples to your desktop then double click
it.
Actually if you open the template change the page size of the envelope to
the page size of your shipping label, add the border and move the address
block, the work is done for you.