Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
distraction distraction is offline

Default how does Word recognize date and insert current date

It was my understanding that Word would recognize date when the typist
entered the first few letters of the date. It would give you an option to
select and enter current date. This has not been my experience. Could
someone please advise?
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

What version of Word? Did you enable AutoComplete suggestions?
Are you trying to type the date as the very first thing in a new
Word document? See http://word.mvps.org/FindHelp/Posting.htm ,
especially items 5 and 6.