Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
trvlnmny trvlnmny is offline

Default Envelopes & Yahoo Address Book

I am using MS Word 2003. I do not use MS Outlook. I am wondering if
there is anyway I can set up MS Word so that when I want to print an
envelope I can get an address from my Yahoo Address Book?
Thanks for any and all help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

You need to sign into your Yahoo Mail through the webmail interface.
1. Select Mail Options Contacts on the left Pane Select Export/Import In the
Export Section Select Outlook button Save button Select a location and
filename that you can easily remember (default is yahoo_ab.csv) Save the *.CSV
file to your PC.
2. Create or open the Mail Merge document on the Mail Merge toolbar Select
Choose Data Source Browse and open the yahoo_ab.csv file So this file is
associated with the Merge Mail Envelope template or document that you are using
at this moment.
3. Then Run the Mail Merge as you normally do. If you do use multiple Data
Sources, when you close the Mail Merge Document, you might not accept the
changes to the Document. So the Yahoo_AV.csv file will not be associated with
the document when you open it the next time.

You might want to first open the yahoo_ab.csv file in Excel, and edit the
headers for the fields to match the headers that you use with other Mail Merge
Data Sources.
So if your other Data Sources use:
Home Zip Code
You will need to change that header in the yahoo_ab.csv file from:
Home Postal Code to Home Zip Code, etc...
Then close the *.CSV file and Accept the changes to the file. And proceed with
the Mail Merge.
Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate