HJ51 HJ51 is offline
Junior Member

Default Making tables break across columns but NOT break across pages

I have a Word document formatted for two colums per page. I have multiple tables, some of which are longer than a single column. I want the tables to continue on (i.e. break) into the second column so that I can fit the max number of tables on a page.

However, I do NOT want the table to continue on to the next page. Any one table needs to be visible on a single page at all times.

I understand that under "Tables" -- "Layout" -- "Properties" -- "Row" I can clear (uncheck) "Allow Row to Break Across Pages." That solves the second problem but by doing so it also prevents the row from breaking into the second column on the same page. In other words, that actions treats a column break the same as a page break.

Can anyone help?