kaye123 kaye123 is offline
Junior Member

Default Problem with change made in global template

Can someone assist with this problem please? I will have to do this post in stages because I know what is happening but need to sort out this problem first.

I made a new footnote macro and saved it in Word global template. It was working fine but then it didn't because of another programme that uses Word to open some charts is using the same template. I forgot about this programme when I set a global template and I have just started using it again. I made some mistakes when I was saving it.

When I want to just file this programme it is fine and get saves as a Word Doc. However when I close it I get the message ”this file is in use by another application or user C:\users\AppData…normal.dotm. I press Ok and it opens a window to save it to templates. The file name is normal.

What do I save it to, “Word Macro enabled template”? If I choose Word document I get a message that it cannot be saved in a macro free document. dot VBA project. ( I know this refers to visual basic) I am then asked to save it to a macro enabled file type in the drop down menu or continue to save it as a macro free document. If I don’t save it then word closes down or shows it is closing down but actually doesn’t . After trying it again just now I just got a message that it is "a read only" document.

What should I try and save it in please? I have written down a variety of messages I get and not all the same. What is the best process of handing these charts please?

Or does the answer lay in changing the global template. I believe this may be a permanent fix.

Stefan I went to the link you gave me http://word.mvps.org but I really couldn’t relate to much of it as the ribbon was different and I couldn't recreate this.
kaye123 kaye123 is offline
Junior Member

[Problem fixed thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

That is good news!

By the way, what did the problem turn out to be?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kaye123" skrev i meddelandet