How to copy Autocorrect English GB to Autocorrect English US?

Old April 25th 06, 10:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to copy Autocorrect English GB to Autocorrect English US?

I have hundreds of entries in Autocorrect English GB. I would like to copy
everything to English US, which is now being used in our office for all
templates. Windows XP with Word 2000. Can anyone help?
Old April 25th 06, 02:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I believe both UK and US English use the 1033.acl file, so there should be
no issue here. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm

Old April 25th 06, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

UK English uses a 2057.acl - although it may be based on the 1033
originally.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I believe both UK and US English use the 1033.acl file, so there should be
no issue here. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm

so
all may benefit.

Old April 25th 06, 10:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ah, okay. I knew the lexicon was the same for all versions of English, but
evidently the .acl file is not.

"Tony Jollans" My Forename at My Surname dot com wrote in message
UK English uses a 2057.acl - although it may be based on the 1033
originally.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I believe both UK and US English use the 1033.acl file, so there should

be
no issue here. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

Old April 26th 06, 03:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi =?Utf-8?B?bXVyaWVtYQ==?=,

I have hundreds of entries in Autocorrect English GB. I would like to copy
everything to English US, which is now being used in our office for all
templates. Windows XP with Word 2000.

You can use the backup tool described in the article Suzanne cites. This will
create a Word document with a table containing all the AutoCorrect entries.

do this for both the GB and the US installations. Take the GB document to the
US machine. Open both documents on that machine. You should be able to copy
the table rows from the GB document to the US document.

Now run the Restore tool on the US machine, on the combined table document,
and it should pick up all the entries you added.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Old April 26th 06, 10:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I did wonder about that but now it makes sense. The 1033 version is
installed as base and fallback for all Englishes, and a 2057 (or whatever
else) is created from it when needed.

I suspect that all you need to do is rename MSO2057.acl as MSO1033.acl
(after deleting or renaming MSO1033.acl as something else first). It works
for me and I can't see any reason why it shouldn't but I have no supporting
evidence.