I want to stop columns, Add a sentance, add more columns

Old May 30th 06, 01:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default I want to stop columns, Add a sentance, add more columns

I want to type two column food preperation menues on one page, stop them,
have a sentence run all the way across the page, then start columns again.
All on a single page. As of now each time I change from two coulmns to one
it changes the whole page to one column. I have MicroSoft 2002 (10.4219...}

Old May 30th 06, 03:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need to insert continuous section breaks before your next change of
column numbers (ie. from 2 back to 1). Click Insert, Break, Continuous
Section break before the change.

Old May 30th 06, 05:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default I want to stop columns, Add a sentence, add more columns

The full width sentence needs to be a paragraph.
Write the lot as one column.
Select the part you want above the full width paragraph and format to two
columns. Select the rest after the full width paragraph and format to two
columns.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Jack Sprat wrote:
I want to type two column food preparation menus on one page, stop
them, have a sentence run all the way across the page, then start
columns again. All on a single page. As of now each time I change
from two columns to one it changes the whole page to one column. I
have Microsoft 2002 (10.4219...}