Dana

Default Opening Word in PowerBuilder/Keeping other copy open

We have an application written in PowerBuilder that opens
WORD, with macro that set up a Close button. THis works
great, except it requires the use to exit out of all other
WORD that are open. Is it possible to open
different 'versions' of WORD?
Any assistances would be apprecaited.
DBW
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Dana,

We have an application written in PowerBuilder that opens
WORD, with macro that set up a Close button. THis works
great, except it requires the use to exit out of all other
WORD that are open. Is it possible to open
different 'versions' of WORD?

If we're talking about automating Word, then yes. You may
have noticed, browsing the messages in this group to make
sure it was appropriate for your question, that it is
primarily for end users. You should follow-up in one of the
office.developer or word.vba newsgroups. When you do, please
provide more information, such as the version of Word
involved, and the code your PowerBuilder app is currently
using to open Word.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun
8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)