Word docs saved on desktop showing up in IE6 drop down address bar

Old February 3rd 07, 05:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Fritz

Default Word docs saved on desktop showing up in IE6 drop down address bar

Can someone tell me why Word and Excel documents saved to my desktop are
showing up on the address bar of Internet Explorer 6?

Old February 3rd 07, 06:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell

Presuming that you are not saving your documents and spreadsheets in the IE
History folder, my guess is that you are using some third party utility that
is screwing around with your system. Do you have one of these Tweak
utilities for clearing histories or maybe a file cleaner like CClean?

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

Old February 4th 07, 05:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Fritz

Default Word docs saved on desktop showing up in IE6 drop down address

Terry, no I save my documents to my document folder. I have been running
SecureIT and have been having some problems with them. I know they run an
antivirus, spyware, adware, disk keeper and possably some other stuff. Do you
think this could be causing it?
Fred

Old February 4th 07, 05:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Fritz

Terry, I may be wrong about not storing my docs in the History folder. When I
open history I find a folder named My Computer and those docs are in this
folder. I bet that is the problem. If so how do I fix it?

Sorry about missing this before my last post.

Fred

Old February 4th 07, 11:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell

That would be the problem. This is strange because My Documents is a Windows
Folder and is hard programmed so that it cannot be deleted or moved. My
Documents should be the user profile under Documents and Settings, Username.
Check to see if you can find the real My Documents and then copy the
contents from the one in the History Folder to the correct one. If that now
looks correct, delete the My Documents Folder from the IE folder.

Terry

Old February 5th 07, 02:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Fritz

Terry, it sounds like the following link describes the problem but I don't
understand how to fix it. Article ID : 897169 I am riunning IE 6, would
installing IE 7 take care of the problem? Or how about using the restore
feature?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897169/en-us

Fred

Old February 5th 07, 01:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell

Sorry, I don't know the answers to your questions. You may get a better
qualified answer from the Windows.IE newsgroup.

Terry