How do I move from one column to the next in a two-column document

Old October 26th 07, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cade Foster

Default How do I move from one column to the next in a two-column document

Hi,

I made two columns in my word 2003 document. I wanted to know how I go about
jumping from one column to the next? Normally, you have to type all the way
to the end of one column in order to reach the next column. I don't want to
do that. I just want to type a few words at the top of one column and move to
the next column over to type a few more words.

I remember someone telling me that there's a keyboard shortcut to do this.
Can anyone help?

Thank you very much.
Old October 26th 07, 04:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules

If I knew that I had to do what you're asking about, I would have use a two
column table. You could just hit the tab key.
--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Old October 26th 07, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

You can press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to insert a column break. Or use a two-column
table instead?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old October 26th 07, 07:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cade Foster

Default How do I move from one column to the next in a two-column docu

I inserted a column break and then was able to use ALT + down arrow and up
arrow to switch between the two. I thought there'd be an easier way of just
using some keyboard shortcuts to switch from one column to the next. I wonder
if this was implemented in 2007?

So, if this is the only way for now, then I guess my question has been
answered.

Old October 27th 07, 07:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

As both fellow correspondents have told you - use a two column table!

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old October 29th 07, 10:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

See also this article: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/UsingColumns.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cade Foster" wrote:

Okay. I'll do that.

Thanks everyone.

Old October 29th 07, 03:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cade Foster

Thanks. That cleared things up for me.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See also this article: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/UsingColumns.htm.