Issue with Margins

Old August 24th 19, 05:23 PM
IslandGirl88 IslandGirl88 is offline

Default Issue with Margins

Hi, my Word documents are consistently indented every other page i.e. the text does not line up with the text of the previous page. I have tried resetting margins and made sure that the rules apply to the whole document but nothing seems to help. Any ideas?
Old August 24th 19, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Your question isn't entirely clear. "Indent" usually refers to (added)
distance from the left margin, while "line up with" would seem to
refer to lines of text on facing pages not being at the same level.

Maybe you're saying that when you scroll through your document, the
pages seem to move side to side by an inch or so?

Look in your Page Setup tool, Margins tab (select Margins from the
Page Layout tab) and see if maybe the "Multiple Pages" menu is set
to "Mirror margins" instead of "Normal."

Old August 25th 19, 09:07 AM
IslandGirl88 IslandGirl88 is offline

Hi Thanks for the feedback. I checked the multiple pages v normal setting and it was set as normal.

What I mean with my issue is that all pages have the same margin set but the text starts further into the page on every other page so when I scroll through the document the text is offset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post

Old September 1st 19, 12:50 AM
DeborahHarper DeborahHarper is offline
Banned

Originally Posted by IslandGirl88 View Post
Hi, my Word documents are consistently indented every other page i.e. the text does not line up with the text of the previous page. I have tried resetting margins and made sure that the rules apply to the whole document but nothing seems to help. Any ideas?
One of my hateful theme things in Word.